An entertainer for all occasions and teacher of
Circus Skills, Mime & Improvisation.
As a professional storyteller Peter has taken his active storytelling to numerous schools, libraries, museums and festivals up and down the country and abroad. Peter’s storytelling not only paints a verbal picture but is also enhanced by his animated acting skills.
Storytelling, the ancient art of all nations
We are never too old for a Story
Storyteller, writer, musician, director and workshop leader; Peter has over 40 years experience associated with Schools and Theatre in Education.
Peter Optical is a professional performer with many Circus Skills and strings to his bow. When not running his extremely popular Circus Skills Workshops, in and out of schools, he is regularly storytelling in schools, Libraries and museums or using his other various skills officiating and performing at Medieval /Tudor themed Weddings plus Medieval and Tudor themed banquets, feasts, fetes, fairs and festivals. Corporate and other type events can also be catered for. Of course, Circus Skills and Circus Skills Workshops can if required be brought in as part of any of the above plus team building, training days, conferences and multi-activity courses School fetes etc.
Over the years Peter has also been privileged to perform in the presence of members of the Royal Family including HRH Prince Edward 1989. HRH Prince Charles and other members of the Royal Family 1989. Her Royal Highness The Princes Royal June 1991. Her Majesty the Queen & President Mitterrand May 1994. Her Majesty The Queen and Prince Philip Duke Of Edinburgh 2003.
Circus Skills Workshops
No Makeup worn for Circus Skills Workshops
Peter Optical has been Circus Skills advisor on four separate productions of the hit Circus musical BARNUM and many other theatre projects and shows requiring physical theatre/circus skills. However, his majority of workshops involving circus skills are in schools; Pre-school, Primary School, Senior and beyond where all circus skills workshops are tailored in length and style to suit the requirement of the school.
“We all so enjoyed the Victorian Christmas Fayre at Worcester and your fine music added to the total effect and ambience. Next December we look forward to visiting the Fayre again”.
Themed Weddings, Banquets and Feasts
Thank you so, so much for all your work yesterday. You were a really brilliant addition to the day, your music was perfect and you really added some Shakespearean authenticity!
Jessica Lusk Artistic Coordinator & Assistant to the Artistic Director
At themed weddings, Medieval banquets, Tudor banquets, Victorian banquets, feasts, fairs and festivals Peter Optical combines his talents as a stilt walker, juggler and fire eater with storytelling, music, magic, mime, and things a little bit silly.
Themed Weddings, Medieval Banquets Music, Magic, Storytelling and General Silliness!
Equity member Peter Optical is also a registered stage director.
He has full public liability insurance and holds enhanced and standard disclosure certificates CRB/DBS.
Telephone; 01702 715882
Medieval Banquets, Corporate Entertainment, Fairs, Schools & Festivals.
In all cases Clients will be requested to confirm bookings by letter, e-mail or formal contract.
Based in Essex, as a professional storyteller Peter has and is willing to travel to the following counties also:-
1. Bedfordshire (Bedford, Luton, Dunstable, Leighton Buzzard, Biggleswade, Sandy)
2. Berkshire (Reading, Bracknell, Maidenhead, Newbury, Windsor, Wokingham)
3. Buckinghamshire (Aylesbury, Milton Keynes, Slough, Buckingham, High Wycombe)
4. Cambridgeshire (Cambridge, Wisbech, Ely, March, Whittlesey, Chatteris, Linton)
5. Essex (Chelmsford, Basildon, Romford, Southend, Colchester, Harlow, Brentwood, West Ham)
6. Greater London.
7. Hertfordshire (Hertford, Watford, St. Albans, Hemel Hempstead, Stevenage, Hatfield)
8. Kent (Maidstone, Canterbury, Bromley, Rochester, Margate, Folkestone, Dover, Greenwich)
9. Middlesex (City of London, Harrow, Enfield, Staines, Ealing, Potters Bar, Westminster).
10. Norfolk (Norwich, Great Yarmouth, King’s Lynn, Dereham, Cromer, Hunstanton)
11. Suffolk (Ipswich, Bury St. Edmunds, Lowestoft, Felixstowe, Sudbury, Haverhill, Bungay)
12. Surrey (Guildford, Croydon, Woking, Sutton, Kingston-on-Thames, Wimbledon,)
13. Sussex (Chichester, Brighton, Worthing, Crawley, Hastings, Eastbourne, Bognor Regis, Horsham)
Circus Skills, Workshops, Themed Weddings, Mime, Storyteller.